Latest Launch System Status

More
1 year 7 months ago #88 by admin
I've put work on the launch system on hold for now. Pam, my wife, took a really bad fall a couple of weeks ago. She spent a week in the hospital and has been home for about a week. Unfortunately, she broke both her right foot and right wrist. As you can imagine, this severely limits her mobility. So, my full time job right now is taking care of her. We'll complete the system upgrade over the winter and have it ready for next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #90 by achoward
That's most unfortunate on the fall. Hope she has a speedy and full recovery. You'll be a good nurse!

More
1 year 7 months ago #92 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Latest Launch System Status
I'm getting pretty good with bedpans. She saw the ortho doc yesterday and, based on that, she is scheduled for surgery on her wrist on Tuesday. Healing should take 6 to 8 weeks after that.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #231 by admin
I'm continuing the discussion of the Launch System updates here for future posts.

FYI, all of the pad controller panels have been updated to the new hardware and current software. I still need to modify two of the boxes so I can install the batteries required for the new design. Once that's done I'll start end-to-end testing. If anyone is interested in helping, we could use some more igniter leads for the remaining boxes. I can provide amazon links to the materials required.

Mario

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #232 by admin
FWIW, the electronics of all the Pad Controller boxes have been updated to the latest version. I still need to install the storage doors and do some testing.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #233 by admin
Just a heads-up on the system operation. I've changed the system's function so it will send the launch command immediately when the two launch buttons are pressed. Down the road, when the audio circuits are completed, the countdown mode will become a selectable option. For now, the LCO will do an audible countdown and then press both buttons to launch the selected rocket(s) immediately.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds