Thunderstruck

More
11 months 1 week ago #193 by mcfrye2014
Thunderstruck was created by mcfrye2014
How was Thunderstruck?  Post pictures if you have them and a story or two.  Thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #194 by achoward
Replied by achoward on topic Thunderstruck
Awesome! My wife & I got there early Friday afternoon and stayed thru Saturday. Sunday was cancelled due to forecasted weather. BIG NEWS....Indiana Rocketry will be hosting NAR's Eastern NSL in mid-November at their Pence Field.

More
11 months 1 week ago #195 by achoward
Replied by achoward on topic Thunderstruck
Launched three rockets there. On Friday I launched my stretched PML Andromeda on a J381 Skidmark to 1961'. They let me plug into the PA so the Eggtimer Voice module reported out the details of the flight via telemetry. Then I launched my full scale ARCAS on a K700. It went to 4913' (ave of CF 4895' and RR2CL 4931' vs. RockSim estimate of 5004'.) On Saturday, I launched my Prometheus 3 on a J425R, again with telemetry module broadcasting over their PA. It went to 2602' (ave of Quantum 2577' and Quark 2626'.) Nice flights....however, winds were picking up on Saturday and after Prometheus landed, it was drug by the 4' chute quite a ways over the field doing a number on the paint job!

More
11 months 1 week ago #196 by Bryan
Replied by Bryan on topic Thunderstruck
Was only able to make it Saturday. Winds were at limit for safety. Only had my LOC AMRAAM 120C prepared. Flew on an AT J315R to 2538’. First time using an airframe mounted camera. Although the field is amazing and plenty of space for large impulse motors it found the asphalt road and the power lines. Thanks to the organizers, Indiana Rocketry, the power company came and rescued it. Only lost a shock cord and canard fin. Thanks to Allan Howard for help locating my RunCam 2 that vacated its mount with the hard impact on the road.

www.dropbox.com/s/zrjkkri6q805ett/AMRAAM...204-15-3023.MP4?dl=0

More
11 months 5 days ago #197 by mcfrye2014
Replied by mcfrye2014 on topic Thunderstruck
Wow! What a day you had! That is an AMAZING video - I truly enjoyed it. Thanks!

More
11 months 5 days ago #198 by mcfrye2014
Replied by mcfrye2014 on topic Thunderstruck
That is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing! Wish I could have been there. Looking forward to NSL.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds