Launch Locations Near NW Carmel

More
1 year 2 months ago #169 by schalliol
Hi everyone, This is my first post here, and I’m glad to find this group. I enjoy shooting smaller rockets every now and then with my kids, and we have a Cub Scout group that we have introduced to the experience. We have typically launched at a school location that allowed it, but it continues to be built up around where we are. Most kids are launching very small rockets, but a few parents and older scouts have rockets with G motors etc. We are trying to find a location for a launch, perhaps in Westfield for May, and I wondered if anyone here would have any ideas of where we could launch with quite a bit of open space around.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #170 by achoward
Welcome!
I use to live in Carmel years ago, but I know that it and other areas are rapidly being built out so I can't help you for that area. However, I do launch with this club in Muncie at the AMA field and with the AMOREA club. AMOREA launches low power (up to G) at a Lawrence city park once a month during the warmer months, weather permitting. ROCI's schedule is on this site and launch about once a month during warmer months too. Both clubs and sites welcome scout groups and others interested. Come check out a launch and bring some rockets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garydzeb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds